Jemaa el Fnaa is a marketplace in Marrakesh old city (medina) where both locals and tourists converge. During the day, the marketplace is occupied by stalls and snake charmers but before night fall, all the crazy stuff happens. The environment changes as the square becomes more crowded with Chleuh dancing boys, magicians, storytellers and vendors selling traditional medicines. As darkness falls, more food stalls appear from nowhere catering to both the locals and tourists.
Jemaa el Fnaa is an active concentration of different activities to showcase Morocco’s cultural traditions but it seems to be relatively safe because of discreet police presence. The spectacle of Jemaa el Fnaa is repeated everyday and it has become on one of the symbols of Marrakesh. All throughout the day as well as into the night, the square becomes the meeting place of the local population and people who come from all parts of the world.
There is no place like Jemaa el Fnaa in Morocco and we felt like interlopers because most of the crowds were local Moroccans. We were on a rooftop terrace looking down at the wonderful spectacle that looks so strange in our civilized world. I had this feeling of being in the center of a carnival of magicians, story tellers and acrobats amidst the circle of onlookers who will give a dirham or two for the experience. If you are ready for your hands and legs to be painted, you can take advantage of the henna tattoos which the artists claim will last from two to three months.
Refreshments were freshly squeezed grapefruit if you do not want the adulterated orange juice that is being peddled around the square. Dates and dried figs were in abundance which according to claims was picked up at dawn from the surrounding countryside. With dusk, the square smells like an enormous dining hall with stalls lit by gas lanterns selling traditional Moroccan cuisine.
I never imagined that there are places left in this world that are not tarnished with modern technology except by visitors like me who were all taking souvenir photographs through DSLR cameras.
If you have just started crafting then your supplies must be in neat order until you started making projects and then they are no longer organized but a fine mess. If you are having problem with organization, here are some tips and tricks to help you get those craft supplies under control.
- If you are one of those people who are in love with washi tapes then you must have a ton of them in different designs and colors. They might be pretty but can prove how hard it is to store them. The trick in organizing them is that you should be able to see all designs so you don’t have to dig around and create a mess again. If you have a bracelet holder at home, paint them and use it to hang the washi tapes.
- If you are using twines have them in different colors, then you must be able to see them all. A cute storage project would be frame that hold little rods horizontally. Put the number of twines that the rod can hold, put the rod into the frame holder and you have a neat storage project.
- Lots and lots of ribbon would mean they could get tangled up sometimes. The best thing to do is place them inside an empty box, make a whole for each color of the ribbon and place the ends inside. All you have to do is pull through while keeping the ribbons stored inside.
- If you have lots of small blings and crafts, a cute glass jar would be the perfect place to stow them away plus you can easily see what’s inside of the glass.
- If you are into sewing, turn a mason jar into a storage project. Make a pincushion on top of the mason jar cover while the mason jar itself will be where you store all the buttons and threads that you are using.
For those looking for a one stop shop for their craft supplies, Paper Mart is the answer.
Planning a trip is not as easy as it sounds. Sometimes, the process can be overwhelming and stressful that you might want to give up on it altogether. If you are planning to have another vacation soon then here are some tips to keep in mind to make the process faster and easier.
- If you don’t have an idea or if you have plenty of ideas on where to go, it is time to decide where you want to spend your vacation. Choosing a place is the first step and will keep you moving in the planning process. You often hear people talk about going on a vacation without a specific place in mind but a definite tone that they are going. To set a fixed goal, picking your destination is important. Pick a specific place and not a country such as Krabi boat lagoon. This will make the planning process a whole lot easier.
- The next thing to decide on is the length of the trip. You must know how long you will be away before you can compute for how much you are going to need. It will give you an idea on the amount of money you needed to save in order to go to your destination at the specific number of days you want.
- If you already have a specific destination in mind and you know how long you will be away then you will have to research about the amount of money you will need. This will depend on how your style of travelling is. It is either you are a backpacker or would prefer to stay in high class hotels. You must know the cost of the accommodations as well as attractions you are going to visit.
- Once you know the estimated cost, it is time to start saving. The best way to do this is list all of your expenses and cut down in some of the unnecessary ones. There are many ways to save starting from small things such as your daily morning coffee habit and eating out less in order to visit your dream vacation in Krabi boat lagoon.
If you have been a diver for a long time then you know that the best way to travel to ensure that you are comfortable as well as spending a lot of time in the water is liveaboards. These are cruise ships that visit the best places where one could dive at the best times in order to have the best time underwater. It is the most extravagant way to dive since your room and your food will be waiting aboard as soon as you are done with diving. All you have to do every day while on the cruise is to wake up and don your wetsuit because everything from your gear down to your cylinder has already been prepared for your use. A typical liveaboard lasts for around a week or more.
Keep in mind though that since is the best and most comfortable way to dive in the best places, it will also take a lot of money. For people who opt to travel this way there is a huge amount that must be invested into it. The price is more expensive compared to other alternatives which you can do on land. When choosing this type of vacation, know that you will be miles away from civilization so it is important that you know what you are doing and you have all equipment ready and make sure you also keep a few tricks up your sleeve. Here are some expert advices to make sure that you get the best out of your expensive vacation.
- Come early. If you are to dive from liveaboard it means that the day boat will have to take time reaching your cruise since it will be located in the best places. Captain of the ship knows where and when is the best time to dive and it would be best to wake up as early as possible to meet the day ahead. This will ensure that you will not miss anything.
- Since you are staying on a liveaboard then there is no tight schedule that must be followed and you can take your precious time in taking in everything.
- Since you will be in the middle nowhere for your vacation, remember to have a backup for your backup. Malfunctions in equipment are not uncommon and you will have nowhere to buy anything if you needed to.
For the best liveaboard experience, ask about Similan islands diving.
Most plumbing emergencies occur during wintertime from frozen pipes to boiler failure. Once the temperature drops below freezing point, your outdoor pipes including those in the attic and crawl spaces are at risk of freezing. When this happens, excessive pressure builds inside the pipes particularly when the faucet is turned off. Yes, your mom was right after all when she advised letting the faucet drip when the temperature gets too low.
However, an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. You can always prevent your outdoor pipes from freezing by wrapping them with insulation. Foam insulation can be installed on pipes that are exposed to the elements and cold drafts. Aside from avoiding the costly damages if the frozen pipes burst, you can also reduce heat loss and increase the delivered water temperature by 4 degrees.
What will you do if the pipes have frozen?
It makes sense to keep the faucet open. When the frozen area melts, running water will hasten the process. Never ever use a device with an open flame to thaw the frozen pipe otherwise; you are in for more trouble. If you want to thaw the frozen portion of the pipe, use an electric heating pad or an electric blow dryer that you usually use on your hair. You can also use a towel that has been dipped in hot water. Wrap it around the frozen area repeatedly until full water pressure is restored.
However, thawing is not as easy as you think that is why there is an option of calling a plumber. Your water heater can also be checked before it breaks down leaving you without warm water. There are telltale signals that your water heater may not be able to withstand the additional pressure during wintertime.
You can always count of the prompt response of Richards Plumbing Services when you have plumbing and heating concerns. To avoid plumbing emergencies and unnecessary repair bills, prepare your home prior to winter. Have your plumbing and heating system checked by expert plumbers who can deal with the issues to allow you a comfortable and warm winter.
For over 5,000 years, yoga has been known to provide numerous benefits to the people who practice it. If you don’t know what yoga is, it is not just twisting your body into a pretzel or assuming a weird shape or form. No, yoga is actually a discipline, an ancient art that aims to harmonize the mind with the body through careful breathing techniques, effective postures or asanas and meditation. Yoga deals with both the physical and the mental as it is known to improve flexibility, strength, endurance and balance along with boosting the mind and instilling confidence and mindfulness and helping people become more aware.
But if you think that is all you can get from yoga, you are wrong. Here are some unexpected benefits from yoga that you should definitely know about.
- Treatment for Chronic Back Pain. It has been reported by people who suffer from chronic back pain that yoga works better than their usual treatment. According to them, yoga gives a more soothing feeling. Also, people who suffer from chronic back pain reported better back function a few months after they practiced yoga. This is written in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Improvement of Emotional Health. It’s not just yoga, but all exercise seems to improve a person’s emotional health and is specifically good for those who suffer from depression. Practicing in a group such as a yoga class stimulates the production of oxytocin, the hormone responsible for love and bonding and the meditation done in yoga helps increase the level of serotonin, also known as the happy hormone.
- Helps with Infertility. When infertility is influenced by severe stress then yoga, a known stress-relieving practice, will definitely help a couple with their infertility problems.
- Helps with Hangover. You might not have known that yoga can greatly detoxify your entire system. Aside from that, it can also help with your metabolism and blood circulation.
- Fights Insomnia. Yoga is one of the most effective approaches in fighting insomnia as it helps with circulation and helps calm the body.
Finally convinced with the power of yoga? Find a local studio for yoga in Chiang Mai now!
Having a baby is definitely one of the most beautiful things that a person can experience. However, having a baby can also get quite costly. So if you have a friend who is expecting, maybe you could help him out a little bit. For baby showers, it is the perfect time for you to show your support to the expecting couple. Baby showers are a way for you to celebrate new life together and it is one occasion where you are required to bring a gift.
Now, baby shower gifts can be quite easy to find. You know why? Just think about what the couple needs when the baby finally arrives. Unfortunately, the hard part is finding a gift that the couple still doesn’t have. So if you are looking for a baby shower gift, check out the following tips below.
- Check the registry. If the couple is part of a registry, then that is definitely the perfect place for you to buy a gift. Gift registries are the best way to find out what the couple needs and what things they already have. While there are people who hate buying from registries, the fact is that they’re actually quite effective and useful. You are not just giving a couple a gift for their baby, you are also helping them out.
- Consider handmade or personalized gifts. If you want to let go of convenience in favor of thoughtfulness and creativity then you should definitely go with personalized gifts. Personalized gifts allow you to add your own personal touch which makes the gift more special. A good example of personalized gifts is monogrammed baby gifts. If you don’t want to go for personalized gifts then you can always try the homemade way.
- Thoughtful packaging. Make sure to place your gift in a beautiful and elegant packaging because appearance and presentation still matters.
- Ask the experts. And who are these experts? Why your parents or anyone who has ever had children of course! These people had been in your shoes before and they would definitely know what to give a couple who is expecting a baby.