Jemaa el Fnaa is a marketplace in Marrakesh old city (medina) where both locals and tourists converge. During the day, the marketplace is occupied by stalls and snake charmers but before night fall, all the crazy stuff happens. The environment changes as the square becomes more crowded with Chleuh dancing boys, magicians, storytellers and vendors selling traditional medicines. As darkness falls, more food stalls appear from nowhere catering to both the locals and tourists.
Jemaa el Fnaa is an active concentration of different activities to showcase Morocco’s cultural traditions but it seems to be relatively safe because of discreet police presence. The spectacle of Jemaa el Fnaa is repeated everyday and it has become on one of the symbols of Marrakesh. All throughout the day as well as into the night, the square becomes the meeting place of the local population and people who come from all parts of the world.
There is no place like Jemaa el Fnaa in Morocco and we felt like interlopers because most of the crowds were local Moroccans. We were on a rooftop terrace looking down at the wonderful spectacle that looks so strange in our civilized world. I had this feeling of being in the center of a carnival of magicians, story tellers and acrobats amidst the circle of onlookers who will give a dirham or two for the experience. If you are ready for your hands and legs to be painted, you can take advantage of the henna tattoos which the artists claim will last from two to three months.
Refreshments were freshly squeezed grapefruit if you do not want the adulterated orange juice that is being peddled around the square. Dates and dried figs were in abundance which according to claims was picked up at dawn from the surrounding countryside. With dusk, the square smells like an enormous dining hall with stalls lit by gas lanterns selling traditional Moroccan cuisine.
I never imagined that there are places left in this world that are not tarnished with modern technology except by visitors like me who were all taking souvenir photographs through DSLR cameras.
Most plumbing emergencies occur during wintertime from frozen pipes to boiler failure. Once the temperature drops below freezing point, your outdoor pipes including those in the attic and crawl spaces are at risk of freezing. When this happens, excessive pressure builds inside the pipes particularly when the faucet is turned off. Yes, your mom was right after all when she advised letting the faucet drip when the temperature gets too low.
However, an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. You can always prevent your outdoor pipes from freezing by wrapping them with insulation. Foam insulation can be installed on pipes that are exposed to the elements and cold drafts. Aside from avoiding the costly damages if the frozen pipes burst, you can also reduce heat loss and increase the delivered water temperature by 4 degrees.
What will you do if the pipes have frozen?
It makes sense to keep the faucet open. When the frozen area melts, running water will hasten the process. Never ever use a device with an open flame to thaw the frozen pipe otherwise; you are in for more trouble. If you want to thaw the frozen portion of the pipe, use an electric heating pad or an electric blow dryer that you usually use on your hair. You can also use a towel that has been dipped in hot water. Wrap it around the frozen area repeatedly until full water pressure is restored.
However, thawing is not as easy as you think that is why there is an option of calling a plumber. Your water heater can also be checked before it breaks down leaving you without warm water. There are telltale signals that your water heater may not be able to withstand the additional pressure during wintertime.
You can always count of the prompt response of Richards Plumbing Services when you have plumbing and heating concerns. To avoid plumbing emergencies and unnecessary repair bills, prepare your home prior to winter. Have your plumbing and heating system checked by expert plumbers who can deal with the issues to allow you a comfortable and warm winter.
For over 5,000 years, yoga has been known to provide numerous benefits to the people who practice it. If you don’t know what yoga is, it is not just twisting your body into a pretzel or assuming a weird shape or form. No, yoga is actually a discipline, an ancient art that aims to harmonize the mind with the body through careful breathing techniques, effective postures or asanas and meditation. Yoga deals with both the physical and the mental as it is known to improve flexibility, strength, endurance and balance along with boosting the mind and instilling confidence and mindfulness and helping people become more aware.
But if you think that is all you can get from yoga, you are wrong. Here are some unexpected benefits from yoga that you should definitely know about.
- Treatment for Chronic Back Pain. It has been reported by people who suffer from chronic back pain that yoga works better than their usual treatment. According to them, yoga gives a more soothing feeling. Also, people who suffer from chronic back pain reported better back function a few months after they practiced yoga. This is written in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Improvement of Emotional Health. It’s not just yoga, but all exercise seems to improve a person’s emotional health and is specifically good for those who suffer from depression. Practicing in a group such as a yoga class stimulates the production of oxytocin, the hormone responsible for love and bonding and the meditation done in yoga helps increase the level of serotonin, also known as the happy hormone.
- Helps with Infertility. When infertility is influenced by severe stress then yoga, a known stress-relieving practice, will definitely help a couple with their infertility problems.
- Helps with Hangover. You might not have known that yoga can greatly detoxify your entire system. Aside from that, it can also help with your metabolism and blood circulation.
- Fights Insomnia. Yoga is one of the most effective approaches in fighting insomnia as it helps with circulation and helps calm the body.
Finally convinced with the power of yoga? Find a local studio for yoga in Chiang Mai now!
Having a baby is definitely one of the most beautiful things that a person can experience. However, having a baby can also get quite costly. So if you have a friend who is expecting, maybe you could help him out a little bit. For baby showers, it is the perfect time for you to show your support to the expecting couple. Baby showers are a way for you to celebrate new life together and it is one occasion where you are required to bring a gift.
Now, baby shower gifts can be quite easy to find. You know why? Just think about what the couple needs when the baby finally arrives. Unfortunately, the hard part is finding a gift that the couple still doesn’t have. So if you are looking for a baby shower gift, check out the following tips below.
- Check the registry. If the couple is part of a registry, then that is definitely the perfect place for you to buy a gift. Gift registries are the best way to find out what the couple needs and what things they already have. While there are people who hate buying from registries, the fact is that they’re actually quite effective and useful. You are not just giving a couple a gift for their baby, you are also helping them out.
- Consider handmade or personalized gifts. If you want to let go of convenience in favor of thoughtfulness and creativity then you should definitely go with personalized gifts. Personalized gifts allow you to add your own personal touch which makes the gift more special. A good example of personalized gifts is monogrammed baby gifts. If you don’t want to go for personalized gifts then you can always try the homemade way.
- Thoughtful packaging. Make sure to place your gift in a beautiful and elegant packaging because appearance and presentation still matters.
- Ask the experts. And who are these experts? Why your parents or anyone who has ever had children of course! These people had been in your shoes before and they would definitely know what to give a couple who is expecting a baby.
Families spend a lot of time in the living room. The living room is actually one of the most prominent areas of the house where family members are able to bond. There are numerous things they can do inside the living room. The living room is also the place where you take your visitors and entertain them. And with all these reasons in mind, it is definitely a great idea to improve your living room design. Here are some clever ways you can do it.
- Colours affect the mood of the living room so choose them well. Colours are actually quite powerful as they can influence what a person feels when he is in a certain location inside a house. People could either be influenced to relax and enjoy. There are also other colours that influence intense emotions or even energize a person. With this in mind, you should carefully choose a colour for your living room and make sure it would only influence positive reactions to your visitors.
- Treat your ceilings and walls with tender loving care. Since living rooms are a naturally public place, you should take the time to focus on beautifying and treating ceilings and walls. Remember to make the living room more welcoming and that it reflects your lifestyle.
- Make the flooring stylish but comfortable. When it comes to the flooring, choose something that would provide you with comfort as well as a design statement.
- Add a focal point. Add something that would truly draw people in the place. Television sets are the most common focal points in every living room today but another good focal point are fireplaces that symbolizes warmth, light and the earth.
- Rearrange your furniture. Make sure that when you do, you are rearranging them to promote better conversation and interaction.
- Implement a good lighting plan. Lighting is important in a living room so you should definitely create a good lighting plan so that you can make sure that there is a good distribution of illumination.
- Get professional help. If you truly want to bring out the best in your living rooms then you should definitely get an interior designer Thailand. These professionals make a living out of beautifying people’s homes and they can surely help you with your living room’s interior design.
Vacations allow people to escape the normalcy of their lives along with all the stresses and the pressure of everyday living. For those whose lives revolve around their careers, vacations offer the chance for revitalization and a better perspective on life. Going on vacations help a person set his/her priorities in life. Through vacations you would be able to renew your energy, free your mind and most especially, spend quality time with the people that matter most in your life, your family.
But talking about vacations comes another important question, where you will you be staying? The best and worst part about vacations is that there is a wide range of options for accommodations that you can choose from but if you are traveling with a group or want to spend private vacation time with your family, then you should definitely go for a vacation rentals. Vacation rentals offer a cost-effective option for larger groups. You could either rent an apartment, a luxury villa, a penthouse and a lot more options.
When looking for vacation rentals, make sure to ask these important questions.
- Ask about the cancellation policy. The thing about vacation rentals is that they have a stricter cancellation policy than hotels. Because of this, you would need to directly ask what happens when you need to cancel the reservation. Would you be allowed to make a reschedule, book a new date or lose your deposit? Make sure the policy is in line with your preferences.
- Ask what child and pet-friendly means. While they may sound very clear and direct, some companies actually have different definitions of these terms.
- Ask how many cars are allowed. Travelling with a large group means there will be more than one car used. Most companies charge additional car fees for every extra car. It is important how many cars you can bring.
- Ask about cleaning, equipments and nearby stores, restaurants and attractions. If you’re looking for vacation rentals in Hua Hin, make sure to ask about the cleaning process because there are companies that would need you to do certain things. Also ask about the equipment that you are allowed to use and what would require a fee. Also, some stores, restaurants and equipments may be closed during certain seasons so it would be best to inquire about that.
A super car is defined as a high end sports car that costs about more than $100,000 and because of that, most of the time, only rich people are able to buy and maintain such a luxurious vehicle. Super cars are considered as a status symbol instead of actually being a practical mode of transportation. What make super cars special are their speed, power and head turning abilities.
But if you would compare super cars with one another, most of the time, the comparison would always have to do with speed. How far can that car go? It would be really difficult to find out which car is the fastest in today’s modern age. So to gain a better understanding on ultra fast super cars, here are some of the fastest production road cars in the world in no particular order.
- Ferrari LaFerrari. Ferrari holds a number of fast cars like the speed god that is the Enzo or the new Ferrari 488 GTO, however, in its own way, the LaFerrari exerts its own powerful punch. It is able to accelerate 0-60 mph in just a matter of 3 seconds and 124 in 7 seconds. Dubbed as the successor to the Ferrari Enzo, it is on its way to becoming the fastest road car that Ferrari has ever made.
- Ferrari Enzo. This much celebrated model dominated the world of super cars ten years ago and even up to this day, it is still considered as one of the fastest cars in the world. The Enzo paved the way for the integration of Formula 1 technology. However this car is very difficult to drive and would require a highly skilled driver to operate it.
- McLaren F1. Dubbed as one of the coolest cars ever made and with a speed of 240 mph, this car is McLaren’s first attempt at a super car. The McLaren is known record breaker with a 242 speed with the rev limiter off.
- Hennessey Venom GT.With a speed of 270 mph, this speed demon had dominated the Speed Kings event in 2007.