Tips To Select A Perfect Exterior Colour For A Home
The exterior painting of a home is very important aspect that affects its curb value. Exterior paints give a character to the home and improves the aesthetic looks. It is very important to select a proper painter to do the exterior paint to get a perfect finish and look.
There are a number of professional exterior painters in Sydney, who offer perfect solutions for your painting needs. I have some tips to choose a perfect colour for the exterior of a home:
- If you have a home in a defined architectural style like Victorian or Cape Cod, choose a colour that goes well with that style. Many of the exterior painters in Sydney have designers to guide you through the colour selection process.
- Always consider the colours on the other houses in the neighbourhood. Do not select any colour that stands out from the rest and looks like an eyesore. Some neighbourhoods have covenants about the exterior paints to be used by homeowners. Make yourself aware of any such restrictions. The exterior of your home should blend well with the neighbours.
- Create a harmony with other elements in the surroundings. The exterior paints should match well with the colour of the roof and the overall surroundings of the house. Select a colour scheme that blends well with the other natural surroundings present around the house.
- Choose UV resistant colours for your exteriors. They attract less heat and keep the house cool. Choose light colours, if you want the home to appear big in comparison to other houses in the neighbourhood.
- Choose darker shades to highlight the unique architectural features of a house. But be careful to get a protective coat done on the darker colours, as they tend to fade quickly if exposed to harsh sunlight.
- Always consider the number of colours to be used depending upon the style of your home. Use of too many colours may appear too garish and using too few colours may give a dull appearance. Reputed Exterior painters in Sydney offer free consultations to the clients to know about their requirements and offer advice on how to pick the right exterior colours that enhance the aesthetics of a home.