A student’s life is all about learning. Unfortunately, there are situations in life that may hinder the learning process of a student. Whenever a student is experiencing difficulty in a certain area such as math or reading, it is important that it be addressed immediately. According to studies, if a student is unable to achieve grade level reading from the third to fifth grades, then there is a high chance that he/she would never achieve grade level reading at all.
Tutoring is an effective way to address a student’s difficulty in learning. When a student is underperforming, there is a high chance that the student needs a private one-on-one tutoring. There are times when students are not suitable for a classroom setting that is why there are kids who are home schooled. But deciding whether a child needs tutoring can be difficult especially if the budget is tight or if the parent is unaware of his/her child’s learning difficulty. But when you do decide to get a tutor for your kid, here are some ways for you to do so.
- The School. The best way to find a tutor is to ask the child’s school. Most schools have a family resource center and there you would be able to find information of where to find a tutor, whether it’d be through the school’s system or through private companies. In fact, your child’s school may even have a tutoring program.
- Peer Tutors. There are also times when a child would not need another teacher as a tutor. Sometimes, he/she would be able to learn better from a peer tutor. A peer tutor could be from the same class who has gained mastery over a particular subject or an older student.
- Tutoring Agencies. There are plenty of private tutoring companies out there. The best part about choosing private tutoring companies is that you can be guaranteed that your child will receive a highly qualified tutor to help him/her out.
- Nonprofit Organizations. Sometimes the local university or the YMCA offers academic tutoring programs. These organizations would often employ high school or college students seeking to earn money by teaching younger kids. In your local area, these organizations may be the best choice for you to take if you value quality education as well as your budget.
Everyone dreams of escaping the harshness of everyday life and go on a vacation. Unfortunately, there are people who value their careers too much and those who are afraid of taking time away from work because they don’t want to come back with their work all piled up on their desks. However, vacations aren’t just there for people to take the time off, vacations are there because they are good for people and the second you realize that, you should definitely go on a vacation.
Vacations offer numerous benefits to people. Not only would you be able to relax for a few days, you’d also be able to experience new sights and explore new cultures if you visit far off places. Here are some of the benefits that you can get from going on a vacation.
- Better Physical Health. It has been proven by studies that going on vacations are good for the health. According to The New York Times, the everyday stresses of work can take a toll on a person’s heart, men and women alike. When people go on vacations every two years instead of six, they would be less likely to develop coronary heart disease or heart attacks. The body reacts negatively to a life of stress, that is why going on vacations and relaxing can help you greatly.
- Enhances Productivity. Living a life of continuous stress can also take a toll on your performance. But if you go on a vacation, you would be able to find renewed focus and performance once you get back. Vacations help restore the energy. People can’t live their lives by continuously spending energy. Life is a balance of spending and restoring.
- Better Family Relationships. Vacations can enhance the bond between family members. When families go on vacations, the memories they make and the time they spend together away from ordinary activities will give them a positive outlook in life and feel closer to each other.
- Increased Mental Strength. Remember that the brain never stops working. What you can do to help your brain is to take time off away from stressful living. Vacations will be able to help reset your mind.
Now that you know what you can get from going on vacations, what are you waiting for? Spend your holidays in Italy now.
So have you ever wondered why there are some people you use brown paper bags whenever they hyperventilate? The answer is, because of the body’s pH balance. Note that there are two main mechanisms that control the pH balance of the human body. The first one has something to do with the kidneys while the second one is through breathing.
Remember, the body can take only as much oxygen as it needs so when it receives more oxygen than normal, there will be the so-called high pH or the respiratory alkalosis. Hyperventilating is one of the primary causes of this. When people breathe into paper bags, they somehow re-breathe the carbon dioxide that they had lost in order to bring the body back to its normal level of pH.
Now in the case that you experience hyperventilation, here is how you can use a brown paper bag to control it.
- First you would need to take 6 to 12 easy, natural breaths while a small paper bag is pressed over your mouth and your nose. After that, you take the paper bag away and take another 6 to 12 breaths.
- The next thing to do is to try belly breathing or what is also called as diaphragmatic breathing.
- Repeat these steps over and over again until your hyperventilation stops.
- However, if the hyperventilation does not stop after 30 minutes, it would be best if you call the doctor.
- There are also instances when you cannot use a brown paper bag if you have any heart problems or lung problems. You shouldn’t also use paper bags to control hyperventilation if you have a history of deep vein thrombosis, stroke, or pulmonary embolism.
- If hyperventilation occurs at a high altitude, it is possible that you won’t need a paper bag since breathing fast is a natural response to increased altitude.
- Remember to never use a plastic bag as a substitute for paper bags.
- Do not breathe continuously into the paper bag; you must only follow steps 1 and 2.
- You must hold your own paper bag when breathing through it.
What are pictorial maps? It is another category of maps that is known in other names such as Geopictorial maps, panoramic maps, bird’s eye view maps, perspective maps and illustrated maps. The difference between pictorial maps and the usual road maps or Atlas we knew is that it illustrates a certain area in a more artistic approach rather than technicality. The drawings can be presented using a landscape with three dimensional perspectives or it can be very simple with graphic elements that symbolize people, animals and buildings within it.
These pictorial maps are being made since a century ago by a team of artists who specialize in the field. There is diverse art involved in the process and artworks made are either as simple as a placemat used in eateries or arts displayed on museums nowadays.
The most conventional way of portraying a pictorial map is usually by designing a territory from an unusual angle viewed from above. It is not in the characteristic of illustrated maps to be drawn according to scale and does not follow the usual street patterns indicated. The buildings as well as the landscapes on the map are usually drawn depending on the artist’s perspective. In contrast to the usual maps purchased where everything is drawn in scale in order to determine the approximate distance of places from one point to another, pictorial maps focuses more on an area’s landmarks and uses diverse scaling in order for the viewer to appreciate the more important parts or establishments in an area.
Throughout history, it has been proven that pictorial maps are mostly used for various reasons and not just for direction or to pinpoint landmarks. Most pictorial maps are used to showcase a country’s cuisine, the tourist attractions in a city or the history of a certain place. Nowadays, in a more modern setting, these pictorials maps are either hand drawn by artists or created using various computer software of the modern age. Depending on the artist’s point of view and style, illustrated maps can vary greatly from one drawn as if from a cartoon or an artwork with more detail and focus.
The cost of having a website has become quite affordable so that is extremely surprising why several businesses do not have online presence. Building a website has become relatively easy because there are online tools like user friendly, open-source content management systems that can assist with web design.
Having a website is the most cost effective form of advertising. Your business remains open 24/7 without anyone manning it. You never close and you do not have to face time zone barriers. If the customers in your brick and mortar store used to be limited to the locals, with a website, you can sell to people across the globe. You generate more customers without any advertising costs because your website does the marketing for your business.
Having a website is perceived to be professional in today’s generation. Customers expect to find information about your business online. When customers find out that you do not have website, your business inadvertently sends the message that you do not want to embrace technology or you do not want to adapt to the changes in your environment.
In today’s fast paced world, many consumers search the web for products and services instead of the traditional Yellow Pages. When you have a responsive web design, your business can be accessed by mobile users even while on the go. In fact, a greater percentage of leads and conversions today are generated through mobile. Even if you have a physical store, consumers prefer to make price comparisons before they proceed to make a purchasing decision. Without a website, you are losing on an opportunity to make a sale to mobile-savvy consumers.
If you lack the technical skills to build a website, your best option is to outsource the job to the experts. You can sit down with the web designer so that you can discuss your requirements. Draft designs will be submitted for your approval and feedback. All the necessary changes will be made until you are fully satisfied with the outcome. Since it makes sense to have your website accessible through different platforms, your best option is to contact a designer through www.perth-web-design.com.au.
It takes a lot of guts to try something you haven’t tried before and that includes any type of food. If you are expanding your horizon and wanting to try out other cuisines available in the market and around your area then that is good news. There are only some concerns especially for those who are trying out a brand new cuisine for the first time. If you have stayed in your comfort zone your whole life and only tried everything local then it might be a challenge.
The first question that would come to mind would be the dishes you will be ordering. This is an important matter because trying out something that isn’t quite as good as you expected might discourage you to try other dishes and other cuisine for that matter. There are some dishes with surprising ingredients that might make you cringe or spices that might surprise you in a way you haven’t expected. All of these are normal.
This guide is for people who are trying a new cuisine for the first time, particularly Indian cuisine. If you know someone who have tried Indian food before then it is best to go with them or ask their opinion. If you are going alone in this adventure then fear not for this guide will give you some tips on how to order for yourself.
The first dish one should try is the “Samosa”. This are what we commonly termed as pocket food or treats you can bring anywhere with you. For the Indian, this is the most common pocket food and is also known all over the south of Asia. Samosa is pastries that are either fried or baked. They are easily recognized because it is shaped as a triangle. The outer shell is made of flour which is both crispy and flaky while the inside is filled with differed vegetable such as onions, peas and potatoes, among others. It can be spicy or not so ask before ordering. For a first timer, it can be a great choice as an appetizer.
The second in line are chutney and raita. These are considered as dressings or sauce wherein one can dip the samosa but also used in other dishes. Chutney is available in both red and green. The red is made of tamarind which is why it is sweet and sour at the same time. The green is from coriander or mint. Raita is a sauce that is made of yogurt and is helpful when some dishes are too spicy for your taste.
The third but not the last dish you should try is the Saag paneer which will make any first timer love Indian food. It is similar to creamed spinach but with cheese cut into cubes. Aside from spinach, other vegetable are also in the mix. For first timers in Indian cuisine, look up www.twofatindians.com.au.