So you have finally arrived in Bangkok, may be you have spent a number of days in this insane city and are probably heading to the islands. Great, but you just want to know how to reach these areas. Well, you can always check your guide book, but it can’t really provide you a good option on which is best to ride. A bus from Bangkok to KohPhanganmay be suggested but how? So here’s how you can do that!
Train and Boat
Many trains are available every day from Bangkok to Surat Thani. The train journey should be completed in 9 hours. You must then get a coach from the station to pier in Donsak. If the weather permits, you can ride a 4-hour trip by boat. The best way to do this journey is to take an overnight sleeper train that gets you to Surat the next morning. You arrive at KohPhangan in the afternoon. Also bring a jacket as it can get cold on the 1st or 2nd class ticket with the air conditioner on.
If you ride a bus from Bangkok to KohPhangan, it will be an inexpensive trip. However, it may not be the most comfortable trip to take. If you book in VIP buses, you can arrange your trip through travel agencies in Bangkok. It should take you 19 hours to get there especially if the bus is moving slow. This can be a great option to take if you are in a tight budget and want to enjoy the view at KohPhangan.
In KohSamui airport, Bangkok Airways monopolize the trips to this area. It can be an expensive journey to take but it’s actually the fastest to reach the area. Book in advance before you ran out of seats. If you arrive KohSamui, you can request the taxi drive to take you to the pier to board a boat leaving for KohPhangan.
When you arrive KohPhangan, friendly taxi drivers love to take you around. Don’t be alarmed by their attitude as they are only making a living. Also you can rent a scooter to take you around the island.
Bangkok is renown as a cultural and shopping haven, with something in store for everyone. It has eccentric cafes, wonderful nightlife, and incredibly gratifying street shopping. Here you’ll experience the best of life. You’ll also find the hidden riverside boutique hotel, which are many in Bangkok.
Visitors coming to Bangkok have no need to spend thousands of dollarsjust to stay on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. There are cheap hotels to adorable guesthouses to book an accommodation. Sohere are the most budget-friendly places to stay in Bangkok along the water.
Sure, you can always stay in the hidden riverside boutique hotel for a luxurious experience. Here at Inn a Day Hotel, you can soothe yourself with its fascinating concept, where the rooms are themed according to the time of day. You are sure that each room has a unique ambience of its own. Room rates start at $101 per night, with its spectacular view of Wat Arun, which is proudly right across the river.
- Royal River Hotel Bangkok
You can spend a honeymoon here by pampering your loved one on a spacious luxurious suite at the Royal River Hotel Bangkok. The suites with a gorgeous river view is priced at US$83++ per night. Here you can get a gigantic bed on a raised platform and sleep like a king or queen. It’s also complete with a personal dining area.
New Siam Guest House was first opened in 1984 as a small guesthouse near Khao San Road. Today, you can choose between five different guesthouses, one of which is right on the Chao Phraya River. The hidden riverside boutique hotel is a fabulous place to stay for those who want a perfect view of the river. The guesthouse is located near the Phra Pin Klao Bridge, making it easy to get from one side of the river to the next. The budget-friendly hotel has amenity of a pool just walking distance from the magnificent Phra Sumen Fort, where rooms start at about US$43.
So there you go – the suggested budget-friendly hotels you can book in and enjoy your stay in this gorgeous city of Bangkok, Thailand.
Part of the fun of a vacation is taking the pictures, and memorializing the fun experience you had. Of course, not all pictures are taken equally, some places aren’t just photo-worthy, they’re postcard-worthy.
If you’re looking for that perfect postcard place for your photo after that boat charter in Phuket, then here’s a sample of what the island has to offer.
- Karon Viewpoint
- Karon Viewpoint, which was once known as the Kata Viewpoint, is one of the most visited spots in Phuket for sightseeing, which makes sense seeing as it offers a great view of three of Phuket’s white beaches: Kata Noi, Kata and Karon. It is located on the roadside that connects the Kata and Nai Harn beaches.
- Phuket’s Big Buddha
- The Big Buddha located in Phuket is one of the most notable landmarks in the island. Standing at 45 metres tall, it is perched high up on the top of the Nakkerd Hills, just off the main road connecting Wat Chalong and Chalong. The best time for a visit and a photo is early morning, as the statue faces towards the east.
- Phang Nga Bay and James Bond Island
- Phang Nga Bay is a maritime park composed of 42 limestone islands that rise from the emerald waters of the bay like towers of earthen soil. An ode to Mother Nature with its magnificent caves, beautiful lagoons and picturesque flora and fauna, Phang Nga Bay is a great place to visit via the boat charter in Phuket, and a positively postcard worthy place for a photo.
- Promthep Cape Sunset
- One of the most photographed spots in Phuket, and for good reason. This cape is located and forms the southernmost tip of the island, and offers those who visit here a panoramic 180-degree vista of the surrounding sea, as well as three nearby islands. For the more adventurous sort, there’s a dirt track that leads to the southern tip of the cape, to be used at your own risk.
- Old Phuket Town and Thalang Road
- Established during Phuket’s tin mining days sometime late 19th century, Old Phuket Town boasts spectacular architectural heritage replete with vintage atmospheric charm. In short, perfect photo backdrop. The Sino-Portuguese architecture in the area remains well-maintained, having been renovated repeatedly in the past.
In case most of you haven’t noticed because you’re too glued to your daily work, majority of the tourism industries around the world are enjoying a surge as of late when can be attributed to the sudden increase of tourists who are visiting various tourist destination in different countries around the world. In addition to this, this significant surge can also be connected to the fact that there are new budget-friendly airline companies that are emerging, giving more passengers the golden chance to fly around the world without burning a big hole in their respective savings accounts. You see, the strengthening competition in the airline industry has forced several airline companies to adjust their rates or to offer more packages which can help them attract a higher number of passengers to fly through them. Also, service providers who belong in the tourism industry such as 5-star hotels in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, are improving their respective services and consistently updating their amenities which can meet the growing demands of vacationists for a satisfying stay. Hotels play a vital role in sustaining the success of the tourism industry in any given country because they serve as the home of international tourists who are visiting the said country.
If you’re someone who is as rich as Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne and you enjoy spending a big amount of money, staying at any of the 5-star hotels in Ho Chi Minh City is ideal for you because of the great benefits you will enjoy that will give you an accommodation experience like no other. Below are some of the said benefits:
- One of the benefits which are commonly enjoyed vacationists at a 5-star hotel is the high-quality standard of comfort that the hotels are offering. They always choose the best beds to ensure that guests will have a good night sleep every single time. Housekeeping teams are properly trained to make sure that every room is clean.
- Another benefit of staying at a 5-star hotel is that you will be able to enjoy superior services inside the hotel whether it’s laundry service, room service or even, the food that are served at the hotel’s in-house restaurant.
Lumpini Park is the largest park in Bangkok’s central district where you can enjoy a peaceful afternoon. The park occupies 360 rai or 58 hectares. The park was previously known as Sala Daeng field after the name of Buddha’s birthplace in Nepal. It was donated by Rama VI in 1925to provide a rare public space with trees and playgrounds.
Limpini Park is a site for many recreational activities. It is very popular area for morning and early evening joggers. Families spend special bonding moments in the park although it is not surprising to see a barber cutting a man’s hair and cyclists and skateboarders braving the heavy heat. You can simply relax while sitting on a bench and watch teenagers and adults pass by. However, if you remain idle for a while, hawkers will approach to offer you all kinds of stuff that include food and beverages including mats for rent.
If you will visit the park in early evening, you will see groups of people doing aerobics. On the bridge, you will find children hanging fearlessly from the sides trying to feed the fish with bread. An afternoon in the park provides an instant diversion from the sights and sounds of the city. However, it is wise to visit the park during the early morning or late afternoon so as not to suffer from the heat. With very few parks in Central Bangkok, Lumpini get really crowded particularly during weekends. It is not only a tourist destination but a place where local Thais gather and relax.
Lumpini Park is certainly worth a visit even if it is sometimes used a rally ground for those mass protest gatherings. It is very likely that you will find a small group of protesters but instead of mass action, they are reading books or sleeping off the heat.
There is a hotel near Lumpini Park that offers furnished rooms for both business and recreationaltravellers. If the reason for your travel to Bangkok is business, the Lumpini Park can be your refuge when the day gets too warm for comfort. You can simply stroll around or watch the most amusing acts that people do during their down time.
With the continuous worsening of the traffic situation in major cities in the world plus the equally rapid growth of the number of individuals who are now driving all sorts of land motor vehicles, you can only imagine the headache that motorists have to endure every single day just by getting stuck in the traffic jams along the major roads especially during rush hour when most of the people are out on the road, either going to their workplaces or going home. And let’s face it, nobody enjoys being stuck in the boring traffic jam, with nothing to do except to look at those red-lighted taillights of the vehicles that are in front of you. Although some of the states in the world are now implementing new traffic rules and regulations to at the very least, lessen the time that you spent on the road due to the jams, we got to accept the fact that there are too many cars with too little roads available. Now, if you already have your own car and still hate to drive it because you have to get yourself stuck in the traffic jam for an hour or two, you can consider buying one of those Honda bikes that you’ve been dreaming to own all your life.
Just like in buying everything else, you have to ask yourself certain questions before you finally make the final choice as to which among those Honda bikes you will buy and use on a daily basis. You see, asking questions makes someone make the right choices in life and in buying bikes, motorcycles to be specific, asking those questions will make you a more responsible and safer rider for both yourself and your fellow motorists. Below are just some of the questions you need to ask yourself before making that one, final decision that will make your dream bike a reality:
- How much should you spend? – Basically, this is one of the most important questions you should ask yourself before buying anything. It all boils down to the kind of motorcycle that you are looking at right now. Price of these bikes vary from 5,000 Dollars up to 25,000 Dollars
- Are you an experienced rider? – Let’s face it, riding a motorcycle is more fun than riding a car because you can get through traffic jams easily. However, it’s also dangerous especially for inexperienced riders. Before making the purchase, be sure to make an honest assessment of your skills and abilities.