With the innovations in lighting technology, people are now considering getting a LED strip lighting kit or several for their house. LED strip lights offer short length, low profile construction and design, as well as simple adhesive backing allowing for easy installation.
Now, of course, an LED strip lighting kit is well and good, but if you don’t put it in the right place, you won’t get the most out of it. So if you’re looking to get some LED strip lights in your house, or your office, here are some tips for placing them.
- Location, location, location.
- A key piece of advice for real estate, this also works for placing electronics or furnishings inside your home. When placing an LED strip lighting kit, take note of how it actually lights up, holding it in place without using the adhesive in the back (which is permanent, take note), so you can see if it lights up the area you want it to light up in the way that you want it to light up.
- Avoid hot spots.
- Hot spots are places where lighting is notably brighter and stronger compared to the rest of the area, like a spotlight. Now, obviously, this does have use in certain scenarios, but LED strip lights are for covering rooms or large areas, and hotspots are not something you need or want for that. Make sure that, when you’re positioning your lights, they have some wiggle room from perpendicular surfaces. If you can’t do that, however, a light diffuser can give the look and feel of a solid lighting setup.
- Out of sight, but not out of mind.
- Now, LED strip lights gives, well, lighting, and you obviously want to see the lighting, just not the lights themselves. Not that they’re unattractive, mind you, it’s that an LED strip lighting kit out in the open can be a little distracting, so placing them in an inward area, hidden by furniture or moulding is the best way to go. If there are a lot of reflective surfaces, however, you’ll have to resort to using LED profiles, which allow you to give the lights a proper finish.