7 Effective Tips to Save On Rental Vehicles
If you are thinking about hiring a rental vehicle for the trip you have been planning for in ages, well, know that you don’t actually have to pay for a rental vehicle. Although you can say that there are certain periods of the year where rental vehicle prices increase, there are still ways for you to hire a rental vehicle without straining your wallets too much.
If you truly want to save on rental vehicles, you can follow these effective tips below:
- Do not think of brands. Vehicles with popular brands may offer quality experience but there are also other not so popular ones that could provide you with the same. With branded vehicles, you can assume that what you are actually paying for is the brand and the functionality is actually just a bonus. Go for less branded vehicles with low operational costs.
- Look for virtual discounts. There are numerous websites online that provide virtual coupons. Like traditional coupons, virtual coupons may also grant you the luxury of a good and less expensive deal.
- Always track rates. Sites like Autoslash.com track different rates for rental vehicles. Websites like Autoslash.com can help keep track lower rates for you to benefit from. You have the option of either booking elsewhere or you can book directly from the site.
- Stay away from airports. Rental agencies and companies that are far from the airport offer less expensive rates than those in the airport.
- Learn how to negotiate. Even if you have already booked the best rate, you can still try to negotiate for a better car. Remember, silence would do you no good and if you don’t ask, you will never get.
- It’s all about prepaying. There are numerous rental companies that will offer up to almost 20% discount for clients who are willing to prepay for their car or van rental.
Here are only some tips to help guide you to the less expensive options that you may take. In the end, it would still be all up to you so choose your actions carefully.